random babble from yours truly

i think the title sums it up pretty well.

Saturday, September 06, 2003

I don't remember the last time I posted or blogged. Orientation has been brutal. Incredibly tiring. I haven't really learned anything. I've sat there a lot of times wondering if it is really possible to get rid of paper medical records all together. It's scary to think that healthcare could be taken over completely by computers and palm pilots. At the same time, a lot of mistakes could be prevented like prescribing the wrong medication, having to decipher physician handwriting, and losing records in general.

I don't know why I blog at all. I keep hoping a certain someone reads this, but I doubt he ever will. I'd be surprised if he catches me saying that. This summer has been such a learning experience. It's weird to think how much I know I've grown and changed. I'm also becoming more adventurous! Yesterday, I drove home on the highway ALL BY MYSELF. I could have used a drink last night too. A tequila sunrise would have been great. Maybe in two weeks because next week, Papa Lin and Frank are coming up because I'm a dumbass and forgot some stuff at home.

I might go swimming tomorrow. I haven't decided if I want to try out my complex's outdoor pool. Maybe I'll hit up the fitness room. At least there's a TV in the room so you have something to stare at while on the treadmill. I've just been so out of it. I don't know what's gotten in to me.

Yesterday, I had the weirdest experience. I was at this German pub/bar and one of my co-workers asked another co-worker if he was going to the Moon Festival celebration. Apparently, there is a chinese mailing list within my company. I said I got that e-mail too except I wasn't going to associate myself with the Chinese people in the company. My co-worker asked "why" and I replied because they don't speak English (which was evident from the e-mail that was sent out.) Not only that, but I'm not Chinese. Before I could even say THAT, my OTHER co-worker, the one who was asked the first initial question goes "you're not Chinese are you? You're Taiwanese." Flat out, just like that, he knew. First time any one has ever called me out on it. Kind of weird don't you think? He also asked me about someone which I thought was peculiar too, given I haven't divulged any information regarding my personal life. Strange I tell you...

I miss being able to do some stress-relieving shopping. I guess all the more to look forward to in November when I go home... can't wait to see Baby! (and I mean that LITERALLY.) Auntie Kathy is going to bring back LOTS of gifts.... hee hee...

blog later.
me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home