random babble from yours truly

i think the title sums it up pretty well.

Monday, March 12, 2007

tomorrow, in between classes, i think i'll make my bracket. this year, for the first time in a LONG time, i'm not going to be the dukie idealist. i know what you're going to say but it's been a sobering year as a fan. i'd be absolutely lying to myself if i thought duke has/had a chance to even make it to the Sweet 16.

Seriously though, in the past few years when I went around trash talking and saying Duke was going to win it all, they were at least ranked in the top 10. Not to mention, in those years where I was trying to convince anyone that would listen that it was going to be Duke's year, they were ranked #1 for at least a day, if not a week! But this year, this year is different and I knew it was going to be different the moment Duke lost last year to LSU. Gosh. I couldn't even bare to watch the last few seconds of the game because I knew what the outcome was going to be. *breathe* okay, i don't want to relive such painful memories...

so I know you're itching (okay, maybe not itching) to see who I put in the Final Four and who I think is going to win it all. Sorry Joakim Noah, but I don't think it's your year again. Mr. Roy Williams is one awfully clever coach and I've been hearing good things about U-Cla. Granted, Florida somehow got placed in a ridiculously easy region in contrast to the rest of the #1 seeds which make me believe the last few years, there was some giant conspiracy to make sure Duke didn't make it to the Final game. Okay, I'll stop.

This weekend is my last weekend of freedom. It'll be nice to spend my last free weekend (until May 19th) watching some tourney ball and eating some good ol' Harold's.

sometimes i wonder how i became a college bball junkie. honestly, it's a mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home